VMT Christine Isherwood with client

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I become a registered Voice Movement Therapy practitioner?

To become a registered professional practitioner of Voice Movement Therapy, it is necessary to complete a full training and an extended supervision program approved by the IAVMT. Please go to the Training section of this website for further details.

What are provisional practitioners?

Provisional practitioners are those members of the IAVMT who are currently working with clients while in the process of completing their supervision requirements with an approved Training supervisor.

Are there any workshops or courses provided by registered IAVMT practitioners available in my area or internationally?

For information about workshops, courses, lectures and performances and other artistic events related to Voice Movement Therapy, contact a practitioner listed in your area or go to the Workshops section of this web site.

Are there any Voice Movement Therapy correspondence courses?

The IAVMT recognizes courses which involve direct experience and active, on-site participation.

How can I get on the IAVMT mailing list?

If you would like to be kept informed and updated about upcoming Voice Movement Therapy trainings, conferences and other events and opportunities, please email or write to us with your contact details and we will be happy to add you to our mailing list. Our email and postal address can be found on the CONTACT page. For workshops and shorter courses we recommend you keep an eye on our WORKSHOPS page.

Back to Top