The International Association for Voice Movement Therapy is run by the members, for the members and for the advancement of the work of Voice Movement Therapy. The association provides a forum in which we can all participate and offer support to each other in our work.
The membership year runs for one full year from September 15th.
Please note that dues must be paid by August 20th, 2013 if you are attending this year's annual conference in Australia. Otherwise, please ensure your dues are paid by the usual September 15th deadline, so we can register you as a member for 2013–2014.
Professional members are fully qualified practitioners of Voice Movement Therapy who have completed an IAVMT-recognised training and qualifying program.
Provisional members are students who have completed an IAVMT-recognised training and who are in the process of completing their qualifying program.
Associate members are individuals with an interest in Voice Movement Therapy and a desire for affiliation with the IAVMT, who are willing to abide by the code of ethics and practice of the association.
Honorary members are individuals who have been awarded a lifetime membership of the IAVMT because of their historic contribution to the work.
- All members are supported by the ethics of the organisation.
- All members will receive a personalised IAVMT Membership Card.
- All members can attend the Annual Conference & AGM.
- All members will receive annual reports, newsletters and other updates from IAVMT directors and sub-committees.
- All members can send in a brief biography and photo, along with contact details, to be posted on the IAVMT website.
- All members will have access to the Members Only area of the website, once this has been completed.
- All members will receive one free copy of the Practitioners of Voice Movement Therapy Journal (PVMTJ) and be invited to submit VMT-related articles, to be included at the discretion of its editors and IAVMT directors.
- All members will be invited to offer VMT-related workshops, presentations and performances at Annual Conferences, to be included at the discretion of its organisers and IAVMT directors.
- Professional & Provisional members can post upcoming events on the IAVMT website.
- Professional & Provisional members will be included on the Association’s register of VMT practitioners, as listed on the Practitioners page of the website.
- Professional members can use the letters VMTR (Voice Movement Therapy Registered ) to indicate their VMT qualification and commitment to professional standards in their practice.
- Professional members can be nominated and elected as IAVMT directors, can also serve on sub-committees, and can nominate and vote on the election of directors.
- Professional members can vote at the Annual General Meeting.