Overview of Foundation Training
This training grounds individuals in a very particular way of expanding the parameters of their voices and enabling others, whatever their level of verbal skill or accomplishment, to increase their expressive and communicative ability.
The training is both competence and content based, requiring both practical and intellectual understanding and demonstration of the core principles and theoretical underpinnings of VMT, as well as the presentation and performance of creative work. Those who complete both the experiential and the qualifying portions of the training are eligible to apply to the International Association for Voice Movement Therapy for acceptance as Registered VMT Practitioners (VMTR).
This 2-Part Training Includes:
I. The Experiential Program:
- A thorough grounding in the core principles of VMT;
- An introduction to the relation of vocal development to developmental movement, the acquisition of speech and the formation of a sense of self;
- A basic grounding in VMT creative process work and song-making;
- An introduction to VMT therapeutic process;
- Observation, assessment and application of non-verbal behavior and expression in forming relationships;
- Exploration of individual issues and themes in movement, song, imagery and enactment;
- An active involvement in creative group process.
II. The Qualifying Program,
in which trainees, under the guidance of a primary teacher or training consultant, take on individual and group practice clients and write case studies and a thesis.
© 2009. VMTUSA & VMTSA. All rights reserved